Friday, July 6, 2012

High time to turn to the roots.

We all do things because they seem like good ideas at the time. Alas, acting on impulses I do not fancy. In facts, I prefer not to jump into the water in a strange place. I deal with facts and known variables, not wild guesses. I act when I know the consequences or I can predict them with sufficient accuracy. If some consequences depend on some uncontrollable variable, I prefer not taking the chance. I’m willing to shock myself with a homemade capacitor but only after I have seen the consequences. That way I know the risk. Don’t get me wrong, I like the unknown, it intrigues me. I just prefer to learn about it from a safe distance.

About making the best out of your life and why you should act as I say, not as I do? ‘Those who can, do. Those who can’t, teach.’ I apparently can’t, but you are not me. You can be better. You can do better.

In the last few weeks I’ve used the word ‘I’ more and more. It’s high time that stopped. Facts and argumentation means more than mere opinions. They matter. So expect a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment