Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Perplexion.

Yesterday someone with really good English asked me a question I could not answer. I was surprised because the question had to do with my home town. She asked me where does a specific street continue. I did find the place she was looking for and showed it to her, however my initial reaction was shock. It was a simple question that I could not answer. I befuddled me.
It was not until five minutes after she had asked me did I realize that the street indeed does not continue anywhere at all and the place she was looking for she had accidentally passed only a mere moments before.
I just wonder at the shock. I mean, I go there very often and I know the street layout, but I could not remember where a street continues without changing name.
This is so going to haunt me for days to come. I wonder who that person was.

Also, why in the world do I know a word like 'befuddle'?

Usually I rely on the quote 'I, like God, do not play with dice and do not believe in coincidence", sadly I must admit there are exceptions. There are way too many coincidences that I've noticed lately for all of them to be systematically connected. Or perhaps it's just my brain going to overdrive as it sometimes does when I intentionally get myself more work to do to minimize downtime. After all, I do support the quote "I hate downtime, my mind starts to wander and I begin to think too much."

And Estonian music is REALLY not helping. I'm not talking about the groovy Hovery Covery, I'm talking about choir songs and such. Ancient history for some, annoyingly present for me. I've never been a fan of Estonian music, no matter that I was a choir boy.

Anyways it is time to stop writing personal stuff and go on with philosophy, music, politics, irgendwas I've been yammering about in previous posts. I shall leave you with some music which I do hope you will all listen from the beginning to the end. This will give me enough time to find one of the great powerful quotes about the beginning and the end being connected and dependent on POV.



And that full stop in the title is there because I want it to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment