Thursday, April 5, 2012

“I pushed my soul in a deep dark hole, and then I followed it in”

I woke up this mornin' with the sundown shinin' in,
I found my mind in a brown paper bag, but then...
I tripped on a cloud and fell eight miles high,
I tore my mind on a jagged sky.

Keeping my grey brain cells under incessant stress is creating new opportunities and unexpectedly good results ever so often. Doing as much as possible every single day gives one many chances to exercise the mind to the full extent. May it be not using free days, doing some trivia quizzes or trying out some chess tourneys or simply taking part in as many things one appears to be competent enough in to be able to, the end effect is the same. The brain gets tired, results skyrocket, sleep deprivation starts ruling. And then it all crashes down with elegant inevitability. And that is precisely what I am currently doing. Artificially keeping my brain on the roll so that I don’t crash and burn just yet. This means a constant feeling of a sugar rush, mental degrading, crazy improvisation everywhere and acting in an extremely peculiar manner. In a few weeks, it should be time to take some time out of our daily lives to remember this holiday that is sadly no longer remembered. The pattern is emerging.

No comments:

Post a Comment