Sunday, March 11, 2012

A random penny for a random thought.

Concentration is a funny thing. If it wants, it comes without asking. If it doesn’t, you’re left with a loose screw. Sure, there are a few methods of inviting concentration over, but they are not always successful and, as such, can never be depended on. Some people need sleep, some time, some work better tired. I prefer music to get my game on.
I, personally, haven’t found anything more effective than listening to some doomsday-related songs in the morning if I know I have to concentrate on something important during the day. It always helps to listen to something really good in the evening before going to sleep, so that the stuff that invade your sleep will, at the very least, have some enjoyable music.
Naturally, concentration needs more than music. It needs rest. Multitasking is a wondrous way to do it. One could, perhaps try writing 1200 words in one night while keeping up with the newsfeeds, watching something like The Daily Show and talking to people. The concentration gets shared and nothing will grab it. It will be free and allowed to rest.
By this point, I am sure I have made some statements that most people disagree with. But it’s okay, I have been sleep-deprived for most of the week, encountered an illness and done exactly that multitasking in the evening before a larger-than-average competition. Hence, my frontal cortex may be acting a little out of whack. Crikey.
But my point stands. It is rather annoying to get concentration to stick with you, to make it work like you want it to. It likes to seek out its own path, it doesn’t want to be ruled by someone. It is a wild animal. A real beast.

On another note, IE did something nice and colorful again, which is always a hoot and doesn’t get us all killed.

While these Estonians had a great idea, the practical output probably isn’t quite up to their hopes. The quirky accents and the odd dialogue are merely a couple of the problems. Although it does get the point across because of its repetition.

EDIT: the large gap before the TED video is due to bad code. Not my fault, it uses a strange method of doing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment